Wildlife Tours And Safaris - DO’S AND DON’TS
If you are a hardcore traveler and planning for wildlife tours and safaris , you should remember few tips before you start your journey. In Jungle, Wild animals are living in their natural habitat. You should keep yourself low profile and don’t disturb the peace of nature as well as keep yourself safe.
India is home of 166 national parks and 515 wildlife sanctuaries which includes Pench National Park, Ranthambore National Park, Tadoba National Park, Kanha National Park, Gir National Park, BandhavgarhNational Park, Jim Corbett National Park Etc
Few rules and regulation may vary depending upon different national parks but most of the rules remain same. Here are some following tips that will help you in your wildlife safari.
- Hire an authorized guide who knows in and out of jungle.
- Wear neutral colors like khaki, brown and green which blend with jungle. Don’t wear bright color. After all, you don’t want to attract wild animals towards the color which they haven’t seen before.
- Use fragrance free insect repellent and sunscreen. Fragranced insect repellent will repel insect but attract much larger wild animals.
- Carry water bottles (extra), First aid kit, sunscreen, Hat, Shoes and Binoculars.
- Wear according to weather.
- Mute your cell phone, because some of your fellow travelers and wild animals might not appreciate all the noises.
- Follow set of instructions handed over to you by national park authority.
- Don’t blow the car horn. Don’t speak loudly. Don’t carry Transistors, Tape recorders like instruments which make noise.
- Don’t get out of the vehicle.
- Avoid deodorant and perfumes. Animals have an excellent sense of smell.
- Don’t get close to any wildlife animals.
- Don’t throw trash like plastic, bottles, packets etc in jungle.
- Don’t drink or smoke.
- Don’t feed animals. They have their natural food in jungle. They are not used to eat man made food.
- Don’t use camera flash.
- Don’t deviate from allotted routes. Losing path in jungle full of wild animals is not very healthy situation.
Respect Nature And Be Safe.